Public Works Superintendent
The position is a hands-on working Superintendent with leadership qualities and administrative abilities.
- Provides leadership responsibility for all department services, activities, and sections that include: Roads, Infrastructure and Stormwater Management, Public Works Operations, Vehicle Maintenance, Building and Grounds and Administration.
- Continuously monitors and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; assesses and monitors works loads, identifies opportunities for improvement; directs the implementation of changes.
- Supervises immediate subordinates, including performance evaluations, and minor disciplinary actions. Makes recommendations to the Board concerning major disciplinary actions and promotions or pay increases.
- Collaborates with the Township Administrator in the evaluation of job applicants and the subsequent hiring recommendations to the Board.
- Collaborates with the Township Administrator in the preparation of the annual budget for review by the Board.
- Attends Clinton Township monthly meetings and special events.
- Represents Clinton Township and the Public Works Department at various civic functions and other public meetings.
- Maintains communication and collaboration with other County and State agencies and continually develops this professional network.
- Maintains a commitment to professional development and growth.
- Actively seeks grant opportunities and collaborates with the Township Administrator in the writing of grant applications.
- Develops training for all staff of the Public Works Department and assures adherence to all industry safety standards.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Prepares payroll
- Position will require working, acting as a maintenance worker whenever the need arises
- Five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience in administration and supervision overseeing public works,
- Thorough knowledge of methods, equipment, materials, principles and standard practices used in construction, maintenance, repair and operation of public works structures and systems; principles and practices of modern management and administration.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to competently operate various software applications including the Office 365 suite.
- State of Ohio Driver’s license and CDL
- Meets all qualifications of Public Works Crew levels 1-4
Working conditions and physical requirements
- Office environment – exposure to computer screens.
- Outdoor environment – exposure to inclement weather, dust, noise, heavy machinery and equipment
- Lifting of 50 pounds or more
- Available for emergency call-ins
- Public Works Foreman
- Public Works Maintenance Workers
Clinton Township Division of Police
Part-time Police Officer
The Clinton Township Division of Police seeks individuals to serve as part-time Police Officers. The position of Police officer is under the direct supervision of the Chief of Police. The individual assuming this position will be responsible for providing a highly visible, professional police presence while conducting patrol, traffic enforcement, calls for service, in a specified geographical area. Answers calls when an emergency exists; takes such actions as necessary to prevent harm; to maintain safety and to assist citizens in a wide range of emergency and non-emergency situations. Takes proper action as necessary and required to maintain the order, safety and general welfare of Clinton Township.
For more information or to fill out a Clinton Township Police Application, click here.