Settled in 1800, Clinton Township began it’s history in Ohio mainly as
farmland. What is now the Univeristy View area on the Township’s west
side was home to the Sells Brother’s Circus. And on the Township’s
east side, what is presently known as Cleveland Avenue was called
Harbor Street. From the 1950’s through the early 1970’s annexation played
a major part in the downsizing of several townships, including Clinton.